— Punch Communications, a boutique PR Agency based in the midlands, has identified the top 5 reasons for companies to use Public Relations services during the recession:
1. Audiences still consume information through the media, regardless of economy – the
economy isn’t going to stop people reading the media. People need a source of information on an ongoing basis, and the introduction of the internet has lead to real time media that cannot be ignored. Building a presence within the content they are reading is the best way to reach out.
2. PR achieves better results than advertising – The internet is a great field for public relations to get results. New areas of technology PR such as blogger relations and search engine optimisation are cutting edge ways for a business to get ahead of the competition in the online world. Communication with key commentators of a specific industry can have a widespread effect on the reputation of a business on the internet, and even a simple mechanism such as a company blog can send a message out all over the web.
3. PR reaches out in a better way than Advertising – PR ensures that a complete, coordinated message is portrayed in the media, and removes the risks held by advertising. It is very easy for an advert to be misconstrued, but good PR gives a clear concise message that harnesses a company’s ideals and visions, whilst maintaining a constant flow of outgoing information.
4. PR tells success stories – People want positive news in a recession and PR is a great way to provide it. If the news coming from a company is positive, it will be seen in a positive light.
5. Communication with key audiences is now even more important – it is important to ensure that key audiences stick by a company during the recession, as they are ultimately the key to its survival. Keeping them engaged will ensure that business is not lost.
For more information on how you can boost the prospects of your business with a PR 2.0 campaign, please visit punchcomms.com, or call 01858 411 600.