DALLAS (RPRN) 8/18/2009– With contradictory economic news coming out each day leaving Americans counting every penny, Match.com has found that there are still plenty of cities around the country where a romantic night out won’t break the bank.
Pittsburgh tops this year’s list with a casual dinner and two movie tickets costing $77.80. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the same date in the most expensive city on the list, Los Angeles, comes in at $126.06.
The following list uncovers the top 10 most affordable cities for dating in the United States based on research conducted by Match.com:
1. Pittsburgh – Dating is a steal in the Steel City.
2. Detroit – A night at the drive-in in the Motor City won’t break the bank.
3. Sacramento, Calif. – When it comes to cheap dates this place is the capital.
4. Phoenix – The desert heat won’t dry up your bank account.
5. Indianapolis – The Indy 500 isn’t the only thing that gets hearts racing in Indianapolis.
6. St. Louis, Mo. – The Gateway to love doesn’t have to be expensive in St. Louis.
7. Tampa – St. Petersburg, Fla. – With such cheap date prices, residents practically live like buccaneers in this Florida city.
8. Orlando – Daytona Beach, Fla. – Another reason this is the “happiest place on Earth:” romantic dates that won’t deplete your checking account.
9. Houston – Everything is big in this Texas city, except the cost of dating.
10. Charlotte, N.C. – Guys in North Carolina have a lot to smile about –Southern belles and inexpensive dates.
Extended List 11-25
15. Portland, Ore.
16. Minneapolis – St. Paul
20. Dallas – Fort Worth
21. Washington, D.C.
23. New York
24. San Francisco
25. Los Angeles
Match.com tips for recession proof dating:
- Make a good impression-ism: Most museums offer free admission one night a week.
- Find each other’s chi: Many fitness centers and yoga studios offer intro classes giving first timers the chance to find each other’s chi absolutely free of charge.
- Have an Earth date: Invite your date to volunteer at a local park cleanup and contribute to the earth and your love life at the same time.
- Read between the lines – go to a bookstore: Bookstores are often hosts to authors from around the world, celebrities and sports heroes, making your local bookstore the most interesting free venue in town.
- Get your game on: One of the best ways to get the pheromones flying is with a little friendly competition, so grab a roll of quarters and hit the local arcade.
Web site: http://www.match.com/