Cayenne Red Social Networks Penetrate UK
A UK leading digital marketing agency, Cayenne Red, welcomes figures from a recent report which says that 37 million British people now use social networks.
The report was published by Insites Consulting and it concluded that:
- some 72% of British people use social network sites;
- Facebook is the most popular site;
- the UK is below the national average when it comes to social media adoption;
- 24% people use Twitter;
- Twitter has awareness penetration of 87%;
- 40% of social network users follow brands and companies;
- majority would like to have some influence on the companies that they follow on social network sites.
Cayenne is not surprised at the high levels of penetration of social networks within the country’s population, but does find it heartening that people are now using social networks to connect with brands and companies. It places the onus on companies to improve their social network offering via Facebook and Twitter, and other popular sites.
Mr Duncan Cumming, CEO of Cayenne Red, said:
“It comes as no surprise at the level of penetration that Facebook has achieved over the years. And given that Twitter is about writing short messages, it may not suit everyone. But what does please us tremendously is that people are increasingly following their favourite brands and companies, which gives us great hope for the future.”
Contact: Visit cayennered.com for further details or call 0203 286 5639.