New Homepage Connects U.S. Hispanic Consumers to What Matters Most
— Yahoo! en Español (NASDAQ:YHOO) is launching a new customizable homepage that brings together the best of the Web with the best of Yahoo! en Español in a single destination. With the new homepage, people can easily add apps – from Yahoo! en Español or any site on the Web – and access them from their computer or mobile device so that their favorite content, services, and experiences are in their language of choice and always at their fingertips.
U.S. Hispanics value quality online services and use them to express themselves and to get their pop culture fix. The new customizable Yahoo! en Español homepage lets people check out the latest news from a favorite Reggaeton artist, keep up with happenings on their favorite novela, or get recent fútbol scores all in one place. Yahoo! en Español makes it easier to get necessary around-the-clock information via a centralized site serving as a valuable reference for anything from learning more about favorite hobbies to purchasing a new car.
“It’s certainly a priority for Yahoo! to place U.S. Hispanics squarely at the center of, and in control of, their Web experience,” said Armando Rodríguez, General Manager, Yahoo! Hispanic Americas. “Yahoo! en Español allows people to harness the ever-expanding Web, making it more personal than ever.”
New features of the Yahoo! en Español homepage include:
- Yahoo! Sites and My Favorites – U.S. Hispanics can easily choose from a variety of apps to add directly to their homepage, including different email providers (AOL(R), Gmail(R), Yahoo! Mail), popular social networking sites, and more. These apps let people preview, interact with, or navigate to their favorite sites from one easy Spanish-language check-in point.
- App Maker – Using technology developed by Yahoo!, U.S. Hispanics can easily create their own app on the fly by adding virtually any URL of their choice.
- Trending Now – A new snapshot of the most popular searches from around the Web.
- PC-to-Mobile Sync – People can continue their Yahoo! experience on-the-go with a more seamless PC-to-mobile integration. Many new apps added to the Yahoo! homepage on the PC can be added to the mobile homepage.
- News, for You – Local news and the choice to toggle the news module to the top of the page offer easier ways to access the news that matters most.
- Social Updates – U.S. Hispanics who use both Yahoo! and Facebook can link their accounts and view and share updates with friends across both networks. People who connect their accounts can see their Facebook news feed on the Yahoo! en Español homepage and share their Facebook status with friends directly from the homepage. Similar integration with Twitter is coming soon.
This new homepage experience represents the most significant change to the Yahoo! en Español homepage since the company’s inception. This launch is a major milestone in the Yahoo! Open Strategy, which seeks to mesh the Yahoo! en Español experience with the best online content and services tailored to U.S. Hispanics.
All U.S. Hispanic users can now experience the new and exciting personalized Yahoo! en Español homepage experience at www.espanol.yahoo.com. More enhancements to the Yahoo! en Español homepage will be added in the coming months.
Yahoo! attracts hundreds of millions of users every month through its innovative technology and engaging content and services, making it one of the most visited Internet destinations and a world-class online media company. Yahoo!’s vision is to be the center of people’s online lives by delivering personally relevant, meaningful Internet experiences. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit pressroom.yahoo.com or the company’s blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com).
SOURCE: Yahoo! Inc.