Monaco Charity Film Festival : 14 – 19 MAY 2007
MONACO (rushprnews) May 12, 2007 -The Monaco Charity Film Festival is a yearly charity event organized by the Pentium Fund Foundation. The focus of the festival is to raise money to help young impoverished and abandoned children with their education, medical needs and housing.
The Monaco Charity Film Festival is also organized to help new and emerging film makers by giving them a venue to show their films. Emerging Film makers will benefit greatly through our film workshops – on how to direct films, how to finance films and on how to distribute films. Our Festival will open the doors to emerging talent in getting their new career and their dreams to come true.
This year, the Monaco Charity Film Festival will for the first time invite several heads of state and first ladies from Burundi, Bahrain, Philippines and the USA to gather together in Monaco to discuss the problems of poverty, peace and economic growth.
Our Monaco Charity Event will soon become the leading venue in Europe for an economic forum and a global growth initiative to find solutions to reduce world hunger and poverty.
|1st DAY: MAY 14th Monday 1. Feature: RESCUE DAWN, Directed by Werner Herzog (USA) – Produced by Elie Samaha & Nick Raslan – World Premiere2. Feature: BOSTA, Directed by Philippe Aractingi (Lebanon)
Short: TEL AVIV, Directed by Richard Goldgewitch (USA)3. OPENING GALA MOVIE: EAST OF HAVANA with Charlize Theron
2nd DAY: May 15th Tuesday
1. Feature: C.R.A.Z.Y Directed by Jean-Marc Vallee (Canada)
2. Feature: SEAGULL, Directed by Louis Nader (USA)
3. Feature: AALEESSI, Directed by Rahmatou Keita (Niger)
3rd DAY: May 16th Wednesday
1. Feature: MY BEAUTIFUL JINJIIMA, Directed by Ochir Mashbat (Mongolia)
2. Feature: ORANGES, Directed by Joseph Merhi (USA) World Premiere*** Joseph Merhi will attend
3. Feature: BAD DAY, Directed by Ian David Diaz (GB)
4th DAY: May 17th Thursday
1. 5 SHORTS FROM ALBA (Academie Libanaise Des Beaux Arts):
2. Feature: THE KITE Directed by Randa Chahal Sabbag (France)
3. Feature: IMELDA, Directed by Ramona Diaz (Philippines)
1. Medium Short: THE RIDDLE OF THE EXODUS, Directed by Jim Long (USA)
2. Feature: MY NAME IS ALAN, Directed by Johnny Boston (USA)
3. Feature: Documentary – Pablo Escobar ANGEL OR DEMON Produced by Sierralta Entertainment
4. Feature: ROSARIO TIJERAS, Directed by Emilio Maille (Colombia)
6th DAY: MAY 19th Saturday
1. Feature: TOM’S NU HEAVEN, Directed by Dale Laurner (USA)
2. Feature: RAY OF SUNSHINE (USA)
3. CLOSING GALA FILM: 26 YEARS DIARY (Japan) Directed by Hanado Junji Produced by Hye-young Choi (World Premiere)