Larry Birkhead gets hefty bill for Anna Nicole trial from fired attorney –
news source http://gaysocialites.com- Los Angeles, CA (rushprnews) April 1, 2007 – It seems as though Anna Nicole Smith will keep helping our ecomony as long as the drama continues. Her ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead just got a $620,492.84 bill from his former attorney Debra Opri.
Birkhead, of course, has been involved in several legal battles since Anna Nicole died including the paternity battle against Howard K. Stern over Smith’s daughter Dannielynn, custody of the little girl and the battle over where Anna Nicole Smith would lay to rest. I bet he never thought it would cost over a half million bucks.
- According to TMZ, Opril billed out her services at $475 an hour with over 112 pages of invoices. Oh, and evidently this woman can eat!
- A total of three $1,500 monthly charges for Luck Media & Marketing, Opri’s personal publicist.
- On March 1, 2007, the day before Anna’s funeral, there is a charge of 10 hours for “preparation for and attendance in Bahamas re services and var. meetings re same.” On the day of Anna’s funeral, there is another 10 hour charge with the exact same language.
- On February 24, 2007, while Opri and Birkhead stayed at a private residence in Ft. Lauderdale during the Florida hearing, Opri billed $600 for Seafood World. TMZ were told she brought four trays of lobster to the house. The bill says, “Dinner gift/Ft. Lauderdale house stay.” But it was no gift to Larry. That same day, she billed $211 for items at Publix grocery store.
- Opri billed Birkhead $4,265 for Cingular roaming service while she was in the Bahamas.
- Opri billed Birkhead 18 times for Diva Limos that took them to and from the Ft. Lauderdale courthouse to the private residence.
- October 22, 2006, Opri billed Birkhead $1,116.16 for a dinner at Graycliff, a restaurant in Nassau. The note next to the charge is “Alexiou atty mtg.” Alexiou is Birkhead’s lawyer in the Bahamas. Birkhead was not present.\
- The next day, October 23, Opri billed $2,467.75 at Graycliff restaurant for another meal. The charge again was for “Alexiou atty mtg.” Again, Birkhead was not present.
- Also on October 23, Birkhead was billed $25.75. The item — “laundry service Zawacki.” Zawacki is Opri’s husband, who was present on the trip.
TMZ called Opri’s high priced publicist James Levesque with Luck Media & Marketing. He said, “Debra Opri always gets paid. That’s what she does for a living.” Wow, a bit cocky huh?
No one has been able to reach Opri herself for comment. Birkhead fired Opri on March 16th after the two realized they don’t see eye-to-eye.
RUSH PR NEWS press release services