Fandango Filmgoers Have a Jones for â€œIndianaâ€
Â Harrison Ford and Heath Ledger Lead Fan Favorites in Summer Movies Survey
LOS ANGELES (RUSHPRNEWS) March 31, 2008 â€“ Several thousand fans on Fandango, the nationâ€™s leading moviegoer destination, were asked in March to pick the films they are most interested in seeing this summer.Â INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL leads the list of the summerâ€™s most anticipated movies, with fan excitement for INDY 4 nearly doubling that for the nearest movie.Â THE DARK KNIGHT ranks second and IRON MAN ranks third among the summer â€œmust-sees.â€
The late Heath Ledgerâ€™s role as The Joker in THE DARK KNIGHT is the top pick for Most Anticipated New Character Portrayal, followed by GET SMARTâ€™s Steve Carell and IRON MANâ€™s Robert Downey, Jr.
Harrison Ford is the top choice for All-Time Favorite Action Movie Star, while his on-screen persona, Indiana Jones, ranks as the All-Time Favorite Action Movie Character.
The full results of the online nationwide survey, conducted on Fandango.com from March 13 to March 30, are as follows:
Most Anticipated Summer 2008 Movie:
1. INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (82%)
2. THE DARK KNIGHT (42%)
3. IRON MAN (38%)
4. THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN (37%)
5. THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPORER (30%)
6. GET SMART (29%)
7. THE INCREDIBLE HULK (22%)
8. THE UNTITLED X-FILES SEQUEL (20%)
9. SPEED RACER (19%)
10. SEX AND THE CITY (19%)
Most Anticipated New Character Portrayal (Fresh Interpretation of a Familiar Role):
1. Heath Ledger as â€œThe Jokerâ€, THE DARK KNIGHT (55%)
2. Steve Carell as â€œMaxwell Smartâ€, GET SMART (34%)
3. Robert Downey, Jr. as â€œTony Starkâ€, IRON MAN (32%)
4. Edward Norton as â€œBruce Bannerâ€, THE INCREDIBLE HULK (26%)
5. Anne Hathaway as â€œAgent 99â€, GET SMART (21%)
6. Ben Barnes as â€œPrince Caspianâ€, THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN (21%)Â
7. Angelina Jolie as â€œ Foxâ€, WANTED (21%)
8. Meryl Streep as â€œDonnaâ€, MAMMA MIA (12%)
9. Emile Hirsch as â€œSpeedâ€, SPEED RACER (11%)
10. James McAvoy as â€œWesley Gibsonâ€, WANTED (9%)
All-Time Favorite Action Movie Character:
1. Indiana Jones (76%)
2. James Bond (51%)
3. Jason Bourne (43%)
4. Batman (40%)
5. DIE HARDâ€™s John McClane (38%)
6. Spider-Man (33%)
7. The Terminator (28%)
8. Superman (27%)
9. THE MATRIXâ€™s Neo (24%)
10. Lara Croft (24%)
All-Time Favorite Action Movie Star:
1. Harrison Ford (75%)
2. Bruce Willis (57%)
3. Will Smith (47%)
4. Mel Gibson (46%)
5. Nicolas Cage (38%)
6. Arnold Schwarzenegger (37%)
7. Clint Eastwood (37%)
8. Angelina Jolie (29%)
9. Russell Crowe (29%)
10. Samuel L. Jackson (27%)
One of the Webâ€™s top movie and entertainment destinations, Fandango sells tickets to more than 15,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at www.fandango.com, 1-800-FANDANGO and via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com. Fandango is a unit of Comcast Interactive Media.
Fandango theater partners include the nationâ€™s leading exhibitors: AMC Theatres, Carmike Cinemas, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Edwards Theatres, Regal Cinemas and United Artists Theatres, as well as American Cinematheque, Brenden Theatres, CineArts Theatres, Cinebarre, Cobb Theatres, Hollywood Theatres, IMAX, Kerasotes Theatres, Majestic Crest Theatre, Premiere Theatres, R/C Theatres, Wehrenberg Theatres and Winchester Theatres.
Content- Legal Responsability
Rush PR News is not legally and/or morally responsible for content of press releases, opinions expressed or fact-checking.
Rush PR News cannot be held legally responsible for material published and distributed through its newswire service or published in its press-room and therefore cannot be sued for published material. Third-party must be contacted directly to dispute content.
Rush PR News is not the contact for material published.